Tuesday, January 3, 2012

An Unexpected Journey To Prometheus as The Brave Dark Knight Avenges The Expandable Django.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! WELCOME TO 2012!

This year promises to be a cracker of a year in terms of movies, with lots of big blockbusters coming up. Without any further small talk, here are my personal top ten most anticipated movies of 2012!


1) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
FINALLY, we return to Middle Earth!




2) The Dark Knight Rises
I couldn't decide whether I was looking forward to this more than The Avengers, but in the end I plumped for this because well, it's BATMAN. More accurately, it's NOLAN'S BATMAN. Plus, I think I look forward to seeing Anne Hathaway in leather more than Scarlett Johannsen in leather. Ok, maybe not. I wanna see BOTH of them in leather. hur hur.

3) The Avengers
Iron Man! Captain America! Hulk! Thor! Black Widow! Nick Fury! Hawkeye! The only way this could excite me even more is if Anne Hathaway was in it and wearing leather.



4) Brave
After two years of sequels, Pixar returns to an original story about a Scottish princess with a bow, and a bear. Expect lots of awesome looking Scottish scenery, some unfathomable accents, and an awesome movie.

5) The Amazing Spider-man
It may have been made solely because Sony didn't want the rights to the character to revert back to Marvel Studios, but I'm quite excited about this. I've just finished reading the ENTIRE Ultimate Spider-man comic series, and I'm hoping that this will follow the more realistic and gritty version of Spidey (with lots of wise-cracking) in those comics than the Sam Raimi versions did.



6) Prometheus
It's a sort of prequel to Alien, done by Ridley Scott himself. The trailer was choke full of Alien Easter Eggs (Space Jockey! Doughnut ship!), and it looks like Scott is harking back to Alien more than Cameron's Aliens. Hopefully this will banish the memory of those blast AVP movies forever...

7) Men In Black III
At first I was like "MEH", then I saw the trailer and I was like "WHOA, JOSH BROLIN AS TOMMY LEE JONES!"

8) Django Unchained
Quentin Tarantino directing a Western starring *deep breathe* Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, Sacha Baron Cohen, Don Johnson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and many more. What's not to look forward to?

9) Skyfall
James Bond #23, Daniel Craig Bond #3. Hopefully will not feature Bond running around like a little headless chicken screaming that the sky is falling.


10) The Expendables 2
Go watch it or Chuck Norris will make sure YOU are expendable.

No comments:

Post a Comment