Friday, July 24, 2009

Ruefully Ambivalent

Sure as the sun gonna shine tomorrow you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll still be ruefully ambivalent about this tragedy before us.

Just like how someone else gets invited out to a drink with someone, you can bet that I had that moment and got over it in the same breath.

Like all the beautiful candies of misery that once drove me so wonderfully insane are now nothing but sour grapes, my spirit allows for little to enter it these days.

And frankly I like it. This is a good change.

Some rude person decided to flip me off the other day, and I didn't even react. The girlfriend of this person was staring at me in the mirror of her car in mild disbelief. I think she might have been inexperienced with ruefull ambivalence in action.

I don't care. Make your stupid gestures. Be part of the hostility and insanity that is killing our culture and destroying our society.

The fact of the matter is this is the strongest position one can possibly hope to take.

The only downside is the lack of pleasure. Even getting what I want is hollow and predictable therefore it holds no elation nor prize to achieve.

Some people have to make this choice. Lest we become monsters that plague the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment