Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beer Of The Week: Tui Tui, Don't Ptui It!

Couple months back, a former colleague of mine brought this back from New Zealand.



Yes, a couple months ago. I put it in the fridge, and completely forgot about it until recently when I cleaned out the fridge.

Fortunately, the beer doesn't seem to have gone bad, or at least I dont' think so. But since I don't have another Tui to compare this one to, you'll have to take my word for it MUAHAHAHA.

Anyway, this particular beer is the Tui East Indian Pale Ale, which I reckon is a fancy name for 'English Ale', since it tastes very much like what an English ale tastes like. It's light, sweet, and has a nice caramel finish, not too long. But it's a bit light though, and reminds me of a Newcastle Brown Ale as well.



Nevertheless, if I were in NZ, I'd probably drink this a lot because its the kind of beer that I like. It's a bit light though, only 4.0% ABV; so I can probably drink this all night long.

Plus I like a beer with a sense of humour:



Overall, a nice, pleasant-tasting beer, not too spectacular, but nice nonetheless. Where can you get it? Probably New Zealand, I suppose. heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment