Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beer Of The Week: Go Go Carlsberg Gold!





Most people know the green Carlsberg bottle, but Carlsberg Gold has actually been around for quite some time now. If I'm not mistaken, it's only available in Malaysia right now, but boy, what a gem we have here.



First of all, it's a lot stronger than the usual Carlsberg - about 5.5% ABV. Like its older brother, the beer has hardly any nose to it, but when I tasted it, I could immediately tell the difference between this and the regular Carlsberg.



The green bottle has a certain edge to it that I find to be very distinctive, and while I don't mind drinking it, it's not exactly the first lager I would go for. But Carlsberg Gold is a different matter - it's definitely got a richer, more full-bodied and malty flavor to it, and the hops aren't as apparent here as the regular one. It's also damn bloody refreshing and smooth to drink - I downed my 325ml bottle in less than five minutes.



Definitely one of the best lagers available in Malaysia. I know Shaolintiger can't get enough of it too haha. If only it was available on tap as well, then I would mind actually asking for a Carlsberg.... heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment