Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Beer Of The Week: Zippy Zesty Żywiec!



I've mentioned this Polish beer before last year, but since I recently got another can back from Germany, I thought I'd do another post, with a proper tasting. And just because I like it so much. heh heh.

Anyway, Żywiec is a Polish beer that I used to drink a lot of years ago back in Poland, and everytime I go to Europe these days, I keep a lookout for this or the other favorite Polish beer of mine, Tyskie. These are two of the very few lagers I can actually drink all night and not get sick of.

Żywiec is a lager/pilsner. It's easy to drink, refreshing, and has a wonderfully zesty, zippy zing to it that I find very pleasant. It's not hoppy like most lagers, it's slightly citrus-y, and it's even got a slightly CREAMY texture to it, which I love. And oh,

This is definitely one of the best pilsners I've ever had, and I've had quite a few too. I've loved it since I first tried it in Poland some 9 years ago, and even though it's been 5-6 years since I had it, the first taste of it brought back some really good memories with this beer.

Sigh, too bad it's so hard to get around here... SIGGGHHHHH...

No comments:

Post a Comment