Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pixar-mad At the Big Bad Wolf Sale!

Behold... my haul from the Big Bad Wolf Books Sale!



A total of 30 books, including children's books, comics, hardcover graphic novels, and cocktail books. The damage? Only RM230 (I only brought RM250 cash this year to limit myself, and no credit card too...)

Anyway, this year they had a new system for the preview sale, apparently because there are winners as well as media people at the preview, so we had to pick up this pass from Bookxcess before going there.



The location is in Serdang, actually right behind UPM, at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS), and you have to drive there, park your car, and take a bus that will take you to the sale. Word of advice: Bring a bag, or trolley to help you with your shopping, like this lady here:


Trust me, you'll need it. You don't want to be lugging a box full of books around THIS:



And that's just HALF the warehouse! Yes, it's THAT BIG.

It's all really well-organised, with BIG BIG SIGNS telling you which section you are in, be it Children, Young Adult, Graphic Novels, Non-Fiction, or Fiction.

Anyway, my favorite part of the sale was the piles of Pixar comic books by Boom! Studios, the studio run by Mark Waid, so the quality is pretty good. They've got WALL-E, The Incredibles, Toy Story, Cars and Finding Nemo comics, which were pretty awesome.


I sapued about 18 of these, all at FIVE BUCKS EACH! There There were some Muppet comics as well, but I didn't buy any cos I was on a budget...

The fantasy selection was pretty good as well, lots of new titles and old ones, and even the newer Wheel Of Time novels by Barry Sanderson. Hardover, going for... wait for it... EIGHT BUCKS!



As for non-fiction, there were lots of stuff too, almost half the hall was non-fiction, and cookbooks too.

Lots of dummies and idiots there as well:


I DID find the graphic novel selection a bit disappointing though. Mostly a lot of manga, Speed Racer, Star Trek, and Transformers stuff:


I found a Tank Girl: The Gifting for RM8, Maxwell Strangewell, a MAD Sergio Aragones hardcover book, and two Zits books for RM12 each. That was it, really. I also bought 3 kid's picture books by Oliver Jeffers, for RM8 each.

My haul this time round may not be as much as previous editions of the Big Bad Wolf Sale, but I was quite happy with it, especially all the cheap Pixar comics. Other than that, I didn't really browse much in the fiction section. No time. and no money. heh heh.

Anyway, The Big Bad Wolf Books sale will run from today to Oct 16 at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang, Selangor. Opening hours are 10am to 9pm. OCBC cardholders get an additional 5% off the total bill.

Have fun, and remember to bring a trolley!

No comments:

Post a Comment