Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy 21st Century Green Day!



No, not THAT sort of Green Day. I've been doing enough 'green' stories to make my brain turn green (which is actually why I haven't been updating here this past week, but that's another story), so the last thing I wanna do right now is preach to you about being green.

Green Day's first album since 2004's American Idiot was released last week, and it's a cracker. I've been listening to it on loop for the past week now (I need to stop that or I'll never get around to reviewing those other albums I got), and I like it almost as much as American Idiot. In fact, the more I listen to it, the more bits and pieces of almost EVERY song have been getting stuck in my head, popping up unexpectedly and I find myself humming them subconciously sometimes. Weird.

I know you may have heard the first single Know Your Enemy on the radios already, but that isn't even the best song here. My personal favorite songs so far are the title track, Before The Lobotomy, 21 Guns, The two Gloria songs, American Eulogy... heck, almost EVERY song, actually.

Last year was almost hopelessly devoid of an album that I could listen to EVERY SONG over and over again, AND want to know how to sing them at the same time. Heck, I haven't done that or listened to an album this much since... Radiohead's In Rainbows. No, not even the Snow Patrol, Killers or Coldplay albums. Even THOSE had some songs that I skipped all the time. Not this album though. So far, I haven't skipped a single song, and am just happy to let it run on and on and on and on....

Viva Le Green Day! Now go plant some trees! Or assassinate some crappy emo bands. Whatever works, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment