Thursday, November 26, 2009

Beware of The Big Bad Wolf Sale. It's Crowded and Eats Your Cash.

Apparently, it was madness on the first day of the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale at Amcorp Mall just now.

I wouldn't know, because I went yesterday and already went through most of it. Jacqueline of BBW/Bookxcess told me they had opened 80% of the boxes by then, so I'm happy in the knowledge that there is unlikely to be anything else I want there.

Considering my bag was full within 15 minutes of getting there, I'd say it was a pretty damn good sale.

So, what did I get?
  1. 3 x Asterix 3-in-1 Omnibus = RM12 each
  2. 3 x little cartoon books = RM5 each
  3. Dexter In The Dark (Jeff Lindsay) = RM8
  4. BatManga = RM20
  5. Tan Tuan Eng's A Gift of Rain = RM8
  6. 2 x Will Eisner graphic novels = RM8 each
  7. 2 x cookbooks = RM10 each
And a couple more I can't remeber. I only spent RM150 this time because I only BROUGHT RM150 this time, and no credit card. WHEW!

I also saw:
  • The Scholastic coloured Bone graphic novels going for RM8 each (which I already had, having bought them for full price, GRRRR),
  • A gorgeous leatherbound hardback of the Complete Works of William Shakespeare for RM80. I didn't buy it. No more money
  • Loads of Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Robert Jordan, George R.R. Martin's Dreamsongs, Dune books and assorted fantasy, for RM8 each.
  • An awesome Pop-up X-Men children's book. I didn't buy it either. No money. SIIIGH.
  • A book called 'Lose Weight, Get LAID, Find God'. Who READS these things?
  • Loads of imported magazines for RM3-5
There's a lot more I didn't mention because I can't quite remember what else there was. I'll try to post pictures later!

Oh, and unlike the last one where the books were strewn all over the place with no system whatsoever, this time all the books are sorted according to genre - fantays, fiction, romance, non-fiction, cookbooks etc etc.

The sale is on until December 2, and opens from 10am onwards. And BTW, if you're going these next few days, be prepared to queue up for a while just to get in, and also when you're checking out. The venue is smaller than usual, and I reckon there'll be a LOT of people going there during the long weekend...

Don't say I didn't warn you....

No comments:

Post a Comment