Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Snow Crash" and "Reefer Madness"

I have two reading suggestions for you today:





"Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson



I have but scratched the surface of this science fiction novel that has been recommended to me many times over. I am fast seeing this book as one that sits in the all-time-favorite pile for me, as well as just being a lot of fun.




"Reefer Madness: Sex, Drugs and Cheap Labor in the American Black Market" by Eric Schlosser



I have also only just begun to read this book but it is obviously a highly informative, if somewhat outdated (2003), observation of the American Black Market. This is the "unspoken" piece of the economy as a whole.



--



There are strange parallels between these two books that I am only just being to piece together.

No comments:

Post a Comment