Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Super Non-Halal Vodka

When I was doing 'research' for one of my Tipsy-Turvy columns, I stumbled upon an article that mentioned bacon-flavoured vodka. I didn't really think much about it then, until Deep actually blogged about it later on, and his post included a few links to recipes on how to make your own bacon vodka.

And since I had about half a bottle of vodka left from the free bottle I won from air-guitaring at the Absolut Rock party, I decided, what the heck, lets try to make some bacon vodka!

It's actually really easy. First you get some bacon, and fry it:



You can either leave it in strips, or cut them into chips like I did:



Now that you have your nicely fried bacon, get your bottle of vodka:



And dump all the bacon inside!



Yeah, looks damn yucky, I know.

Anyway, the next step is to keep the bottle aside in a cupboard for about 3 weeks.

At the end of 3 weeks, put the bottle into the freezer to solidify the fat, and then use coffee filter paper to filter it.

At the end of it, you should get a very nice golden colored vodka that actually smells exactly like bacon (albeit with a very strong vodka kick).



After all that, how does it taste?

BLOODY BRILLIANT.

No kidding. Bacon vodka may sound a little yucky, but it actually tastes BRILLIANT. Fireangel will attest to it, we actually tried it neat for the first time two weeks ago at a little Drink Eyeris' Booze get-together, and it was great!

At first taste, it tastes exactly like bacon - freshly-fried bacon; and then the vodka kicks in. And the finish is a nice, lingering bacon flavor.

Whoever first thought of infusing bacon with vodka, I salute you. Heck if the commercially produced BAKON VODKA tastes anything like what I made, then someone needs to start bringing bottles of the stuff here RIGHT NOW!

Though I reckon that we're gonna need some SUPER-non-halal stickers to slap to them bottles....

No comments:

Post a Comment