Monday, July 26, 2010

KPOK! KPOW! YOU WIN, SCOTT PILGRIM!



Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
Not a review.
KPOK!!!
KPOW!!!
THONK!
WHUMP!
KLAM!



It's a real epic of epic epicness.
Though not the kind of epic you know.
There's Superman, Captain America,
Flaming swords, crazy ass sonic battles,
And a whole lot of video game noises.
It's like a video game geek's epic.
With silly fights and weird characters.



I LOVE Scott Pilgrim.
The comic, I mean.
The movie, I like.
LIKE, not LOVE.
But it's still pretty epic.
(Update after 2nd viewing: OK scratch that, I LOVE the movie too)



Maybe it's because I read the comic book.
I LOVE the comic book
(Except the last one though. It seemed like he ran out of ideas)
The movie is almost identical to the comic.
Very comic book feel,
Very video game-esque.



It's COMPLETELY devoid of logic,
And can be a little silly sometimes.
But who CARES???
That's not the POINT!
The point is this is just a fun fun ride!
It's SCOTT PILGRIM for gawds sake.



Michael Cera was alright though.
It's essentially him playing himself.
Not a bad performance.
Just not a very new one.
I liked the comic Scott more.
Comic Scott was blur but AWESOME.
Movie Scott was just BLUR.
(Update after 2nd viewing: OK scratch that, he's pretty good)



That Mary Elizabeth Taylor chick quite hot though.
In person as well.
And so is that Ellen Wong girl.
Cleavage rating? Er... not enough for me to notice.
Dammit.
(Update after 2nd viewing: Scratch that, Mary's Cleavage Rating: 8.5!)



Anyway...
By the time you read this, I'd have watched this movie TWICE.
Which is WEEKS before you'll ever get to watch it.
MUAHAHAHA!
Ok enough gloating.
I need to get a life.
KPOK! KPOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment