Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MUSICLARITY: Eyeris' Concert Overload Weekend!

This is shaping up to be one hell of a week, I tell you. You see, I'll be attending not one, not two, but FOUR CONCERTS AND GIGS altogether, starting tomorrow, all the way until Monday.

Which gigs? WEll, let me elaborate more, in a purely non-gloating sort of way (yeah right)...

--------------------------------------------

First up, it' gonna be Battles at 8pm Thursday at Orange Club, Jalan Kia Peng!

IF you never heard of Battles (and apparently most Malaysians haven't or the gig would be sold out by now), they're an indie dance-electronica/ experimental-rock/ math-rock/weird-shit band with some really funky songs, and some Chipmunk-like vocals. Now, I'm usually not a big fan of bands like this (nor the Chipmunk effect), but damn, that bloody Atlas song keeps getting stuck in my head...

Besides, their Mirrored album was voted one of 2007's best albums, so it should be worth checking out. And we don't get many good indie gigs down here, and to make sure we DO get more, lets all go support, yar? Tickets are RM88 a pop, and if Battles isn't your thing, there's always Twilight Action Girl afterwards...

Acquisitions: Battles - Atlas

--------------------------------------

After a day's break, it's then gonna be SUNBURST on Saturday! Sure, it ain't the Coldplaysnowpatrolkillers kaiserchiefskingsofleon extravaganza we were all hoping for, but at least there's Korn and Erykah Badu, and for you Hip-Hop freaks there's H.E.R.D., I mean... N.E.R.D. as well.

I'm hoping that the Sunburst All-Day Groupie Outing will still happen, though if I can't get enough kaki, I'll just settle for going at night to catch the main acts only.

Acquisition: KoRn - Freak On A Leash


--------------------------------------

After the all-day/nighter that is Sunburst, I'll then be hopping on a bus to Singkapor first thing in the morning, and after what will probably be more than a couple of beers with Fireangel, I'll then be heading to the Singapore Indoor Stadium to watch DUFFY.

Hey, say what you like about all the hype, her over-nasal-ly voice, her resemblance to a certain Miss Winehouse, and the 'rivalry' with Adele; I really like Duffy (duff name and all).

And since she's only had one album so far, which I've heard over and over again, I'm expecting to hear most of my favorite songs from her, especially Distant Dreamer, Warwick Avenue, and of course, the un-leave-out-able Mercy.

Acquisition: Duffy - Live And Let Die


--------------------------------------

I won't be expecting the same treatment for the final concert (for now) I'm going to the next day, on MONDAY night in Sillypore though. After all, these guys have FOUR albums, and a whole lot more hits than Miss Duffy.

Oh yeah, I'd be happy just to hear Fix You live again, but I'm not holding my breath.

What? Who? But of course. I'm talking about COLDPLAY.

Screw Sunburst, who put all their eggs into this Coldplay basket and ended up with nothing but a lot of hot air. I'll be going for Coldplay's Singapore gig instead, and the best part is, I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for the tickets. In fact, I only had to pay for ONE of the four gigs I've mentioned here. WOOHOO!

Damn, I love my job. Now someone get me some Oasis and Rachael Yamagata tickets already...

Acquisitions: Coldplay - Yellow (Live Acoustic @ Jo Whiley Lunchtime Social)

DISCLAIMER: All the mp3s available here are for sampling purposes only. So don't be an irresponsible pirate - if you really like the songs, be sure to buy the album also, ok? BTW, if you have a problem with the mp3s I've listed on the blog and want me to take them down, please email me at eyeriz@gmail.com, and I'll remove it at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment