Tuesday, August 18, 2009

PIXAR WEEK: Anyone Can Cook!



Ratatouille.
Not a Review.
Pixar Movie #8
Ok, this is probably my LEAST favorite Pixar movie.
Not that it's BAD or anything.
On the contrary, it's EXCELLENT.
And I liked it a lot too.
Just that I didn't like it as much as the rest.



It's the one movie I don't feel an urge to watch when it's on.
Not sure exactly why.
Maybe I just didn't relate to the whole Paris thingy.
Or maybe it's because the characters are icky RATS.



I did like the food though.
And I think if they ever did a sequel,
They should come base it in MALAYSIA.
Forget all that hoighty-toighty French food.
Imagine that... a HAWKER RAT,
Going up against Remy the Parisian cook.
AWESOME!



But one thing I remember about the movie,
Is its ending.
Or more specifically, Anton Ego's final review.
In which he says, "The work of a critic is easy."
"We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read."
"But... in the grand scheme of things...
"the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism."



It made me think about the reviews I myself write,
And whether anyone cares what I say,
Or whether my opinions are too bias or too negative.
Because negative reviews ARE more fun to write.
But one man's Cars is another man's WALL-E.
Sooo, to all of you who loved Ratatouille...
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment