Tuesday, August 11, 2009

PIXAR WEEK: Ride Like The Wind, Bullseye!



Toy Story 2.
Not A Review.
Pixar Movie #3.
Almost consigned to Straight-To-DVD Hell
Until John Lasseter rescued it,
And turned it into one of the best sequels EVER.



I have to admit, the Toy Story movies were never my favorites,
But I do like them a lot.
And I prefer Toy Story 2 over Toy Story 1.
Mostly because it's about toy COLLECTING.
Ok, so the toy collector here is a bad guy,
But I could RELATE to the obsession.
Hee hee.



The Roundup Gang was a brilliant idea too.
Especially the addition of Jessie and Bullseye.
Jessie's Song is one of the saddest moments in any Pixar movie.
And I can never get over seeing Bullseye chasing that plane. LOL.
Stinky Pete I could leave without though.
I wouldn't even buy his toy.
I'd leave him to be a shelf-warmer.



The rest of the gang also got a lot more time.
Mr. And Mrs. Potatohead! (I'm packing your ANGRY Eyes)
Slinky! Hamm! Rex!
More Buzz Lightyears! (Was I really THAT deluded)
The 3-eyed aliens! (You have saved our lives... we are eternally gratefulll)
My favorite part was them crossing the road.
BEST. ROAD. CROSSING. EVAR.



Barbie Dolls! (They turned down the FIRST movie, FYI)
Emperor Zurg! (No Buzz. I AM your FATHER!)
All that's missing is some robots.
Why aren't there any ROBOTS?
Oh wait is Zurg a robot?
What kind of robot shoots puffy balls that go poing poing poing?



Funnily enough, I wasn't collecting toys when I first watched this.
But I was when I watched it the second time.
And the whole 'Mint Condition' leave in box thingy made me laugh.
Because I don't EVER keep my stuff in mint condition.
Transformers are meant to be Transformed, dammit!



Can't wait for Toy Story 3 next year
Apparently Andy goes to college,
And the toys are left neglected.
Should be a pretty interesting story.
Heck, I can't even wait to see Toy Story 1 and 2 again...
In 3D later THIS year!
WOOHOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment