Sunday, September 20, 2009

Kayne Opened The Door For Me

(Kanye West Disrespects Taylor Swift at MTV Awards from Dakota O'Neill on Vimeo.)

Kayne West and his jackassery have opened the door for me to talk about something that probably is little discussed amongst the trash-talk and ridiculous defenders of West. As a fan of his music, and someone who knew his name before this little stunt, I feel I should take a short walk into both the true motives of Kanye's interruption and the belly of the beast called 'modern culture'.

The first of Kayne West's secret motives for jumping up on stage like a Joe Wilson-wannabe was to try and get into Beyonce's pants. And he failed. Because like myself she was offended by his actions and gave Taylor her moment back after big-bad Kayne took it away. Beyonce is all class.

The second secret motive was fighting what might be called a 'vast rightwing conspiracy' of mixing of country music / Disney Enterprises with rap music / MTV Enterprises. I doubt Kayne West would ever use that language, but I contend that this was probably why he actually did it.

At least in his view, mine too most likely if I ever watch both videos, this was a bone thrown to the growing country music audience in the younger generation.

It's like teenagerist culture wars hiding underneath the surface of the VMA's.

The final secret motive was what I already said at the top of the blog: this was a stunt. Probably not a planned stunt but a stunt none the less. The more arrogant and over-the-top he is, the more records he is likely to sell.

Name of the game.

--

I like to hear that the president has my back on the issue. At least on the first part with the jackassery, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment