Monday, August 16, 2010

Rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo...



Damn you Arcade Fire. That Rococo rococo rococo rococo chorus in your new album The Suburbs has been stuck in my head for days now, going on and on like a never ending mantra chant. Rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo rococo.

And it's not just Rococo. I've caught myself humming snippets of almost every single song in the album without even knowing what song it is. It's like your songs just attacked my subconscious and embeded themselves into my brain.

Or maybe I've been listening to it non-stop for too long.

Heck, you know what I REALLY like about this album? It's the fact that I can play the album on loop over and over again and not get sick of a single song in it. None of the songs stand out the way Intervention, Keep The Car Running did for me in Neon Bible. And funnily enough, I actually prefer it to Funeral, which is sacrilege, I know.

But anyway, it may not be as awesome as The National's High Violet (which is still Album of The Year for me), but this is one heck of an album. Mr. Butler and Wife for the Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment